WORSHIP PASTOR JOB DESCRIPTION
FREEDOM CHURCH INTERNATIONAL
CLASSIFICATION: Part-time pastoral staff (10-12 hours per week)
DIRECT REPORT: Senior Pastor (Mark Price) email@example.com
- Pursue a growing personal daily relationship with Jesus.
- Live a life of integrity and honesty.
- Be a team player and maintain a positive attitude, being supportive of the church and its other leaders.
- Support Freedom Church faithfully with your prayers, attendance and tithes.
- Participate in church-wide events such as worship, fellowships, and special events (Fall Festival, Thanksgiving Feast, Good Friday, Christmas Eve, etc.).
- Take part in church staff / Core Team gatherings (usually 75-90 minutes, once every 6-7 weeks on Sunday afternoons, and brief leadership huddles 35 minutes prior to worship each Sunday morning).
- Take part in an adult small group.
SPECIFIC JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Plan and lead the music portion of each Sunday’s worship service.
- Select the songs and arrangements of music prior to each worship service.
- Enlist, shepherd and lead the church’s adult worship team/band, including a rehearsal time each week and a warm-up each Sunday morning.
- Coordinate with the pastor concerning Sunday worship themes and song selections.
- Share in any needed responsibilities as requested by the senior pastor.
COMPENSATION: Based on candidate experience and gifts
TIME OFF: 4 weeks of paid vacation time (not all taken consecutively); an additional 1 week of paid sick leave is allowed per year.